- I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the compassions of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, [which is] your intelligent service.
- And be not conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of [your] mind, that ye may prove what [is] the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
- For I say, through the grace which has been given to me, to every one that is among you, not to have high thoughts above what he should think;
but to think so as to be wise, as God has dealt to each a measure of faith.
- For, as in one body we have many members, but all the members have not the same office;
- thus we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and each one members one of the other.
- But having different gifts, according to the grace which has been given to us, whether [it be] prophecy, [let us prophesy] according to the proportion of faith;
- or service, [let us occupy ourselves] in service;
or he that teaches, in teaching;
- or he that exhorts, in exhortation;
he that gives, in simplicity;
he that leads, with diligence;
he that shews mercy, with cheerfulness.
- Let love be unfeigned;
cleaving to good:
- as to brotherly love, kindly affectioned towards one another: as to honour, each taking the lead in paying it to the other:
- as to diligent zealousness, not slothful;
in spirit fervent;
serving the Lord.
- As regards hope, rejoicing: as regards tribulation, enduring: as regards prayer, persevering:
- distributing to the necessities of the saints;
given to hospitality.
- Bless them that persecute you;
bless, and curse not.
- Rejoice with those that rejoice, weep with those that weep.
- Have the same respect one for another, not minding high things, but going along with the lowly: be not wise in your own eyes:
- recompensing to no one evil for evil: providing things honest before all men:
- if possible, as far as depends on you, living in peace with all men;
- not avenging yourselves, beloved, but give place to wrath;
for it is written, Vengeance [belongs] to me, *I* will recompense, saith the Lord.
- If therefore thine enemy should hunger, feed him;
if he should thirst, give him drink;
for, so doing, thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head.
- Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.