- But *we* ought, we that are strong, to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
- Let each one of us please his neighbour with a view to what is good, to edification.
- For the Christ also did not please himself;
but according as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproach thee have fallen upon me.
- For as many things as have been written before have been written for our instruction, that through endurance and through encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope.
- Now the God of endurance and of encouragement give to you to be like-minded one toward another, according to Christ Jesus;
- that ye may with one accord, with one mouth, glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Wherefore receive ye one another, according as the Christ also has received you to [the] glory of God.
- For I say that Jesus Christ became a minister of [the] circumcision for [the] truth of God, to confirm the promises of the fathers;
- and that the nations should glorify God for mercy;
according as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among [the] nations, and will sing to thy name.
- And again he says, Rejoice, nations, with his people.
- And again, Praise the Lord, all [ye] nations, and let all the peoples laud him.
- And again, Esaias says, There shall be the root of Jesse, and one that arises, to rule over [the] nations: in him shall [the] nations hope.
- Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that ye should abound in hope by [the] power of [the] Holy Spirit.
- But I am persuaded, my brethren, I myself also, concerning you, that yourselves also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
- But I have written to you the more boldly, [brethren,] in part, as putting you in mind, because of the grace given to me by God,
- for me to be minister of Christ Jesus to the nations, carrying on as a sacrificial service the [message of] glad tidings of God, in order that the offering up of the nations might be acceptable, sanctified by [the] Holy Spirit.
- I have therefore [whereof to] boast in Christ Jesus in the things which pertain to God.
- For I will not dare to speak anything of the things which Christ has not wrought by me, for [the] obedience of [the] nations, by word and deed,
- in [the] power of signs and wonders, in [the] power of [the] Spirit of God;
so that I, from Jerusalem, and in a circuit round to Illyricum, have fully preached the glad tidings of the Christ;
- and so aiming to announce the glad tidings, not where Christ has been named, that I might not build upon another's foundation;
- but according as it is written, To whom there was nothing told concerning him, they shall see;
and they that have not heard shall understand.
- Wherefore also I have been often hindered from coming to you.
- But now, having no longer place in these regions, and having great desire to come to you these many years,
- whenever I should go to Spain;
(for I hope to see you as I go through, and by you to be set forward thither, if first I shall have been in part filled with your company;)
- but now I go to Jerusalem, ministering to the saints;
- for Macedonia and Achaia have been well pleased to make a certain contribution for the poor of the saints who [are] in Jerusalem.
- They have been well pleased indeed, and they are their debtors;
for if the nations have participated in their spiritual things, they ought also in fleshly to minister to them.
- Having finished this therefore, and having sealed to them this fruit, I will set off by you into Spain.
- But I know that, coming to you, I shall come in [the] fulness of [the] blessing of Christ.
- But I beseech you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ, and by the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in prayers for me to God;
- that I may be saved from those that do not believe in Judaea;
and that my ministry which [I have] for Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints;
- in order that I may come to you in joy by God's will, and that I may be refreshed with you.
- And the God of peace be with you all.