- The song of songs, which is Solomon's.
- Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth;
For thy love is better than wine.
- Thine ointments savour sweetly;
Thy name is an ointment poured forth: Therefore do the virgins love thee.
- Draw me, we will run after thee!
— The king hath brought me into his chambers — We will be glad and rejoice in thee, We will remember thy love more than wine.
They love thee uprightly.
- I am black, but comely, daughters of Jerusalem, As the tents of Kedar, As the curtains of Solomon.
- Look not upon me, because I am black;
Because the sun hath looked upon me.
My mother's children were angry with me: They made me keeper of the vineyards;
Mine own vineyard have I not kept.
- Tell me, thou whom my soul loveth, Where thou feedest [thy flock], Where thou makest it to rest at noon;
For why should I be as one veiled Beside the flocks of thy companions?
- If thou know not, thou fairest among women, Go thy way forth by the footsteps of the flock, And feed thy kids beside the shepherds' booths.
- I compare thee, my love, To a steed in Pharaoh's chariots.
- Thy cheeks are comely with bead-rows, Thy neck with ornamental chains.
- We will make thee bead-rows of gold With studs of silver.
- While the king is at his table, My spikenard sendeth forth its fragrance.
- A bundle of myrrh is my beloved unto me;
He shall pass the night between my breasts.
- My beloved is unto me a cluster of henna-flowers In the vineyards of Engedi.
- Behold, thou art fair, my love;
Behold, thou art fair: thine eyes are doves.
- Behold, thou art fair, my beloved, yea, pleasant;
Also our bed is green.
- The beams of our houses are cedars, Our rafters are cypresses.