- How beautiful are thy footsteps in sandals, O prince's daughter!
The roundings of thy thighs are like jewels, The work of the hands of an artist.
- Thy navel is a round goblet, [which] wanteth not mixed wine;
Thy belly a heap of wheat, set about with lilies;
- Thy two breasts are like two fawns, twins of a gazelle;
- Thy neck is as a tower of ivory;
Thine eyes, [like] the pools in Heshbon, By the gate of Bath-rabbim;
Thy nose like the tower of Lebanon, Which looketh toward Damascus;
- Thy head upon thee is like Carmel, And the locks of thy head like purple;
The king is fettered by [thy] ringlets!
- How fair and how pleasant art thou, [my] love, in delights!
- This thy stature is like to a palm-tree, And thy breasts to grape clusters.
- I said, I will go up to the palm-tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof;
And thy breasts shall indeed be like clusters of the vine, And the fragrance of thy nose like apples,
- And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine, … That goeth down smoothly for my beloved, And stealeth over the lips of them that are asleep.
- I am my beloved's, And his desire is toward me.
- — Come, my beloved, let us go forth into the fields;
Let us lodge in the villages.
- We will go up early to the vineyards, We will see if the vine hath budded, [If] the blossom is opening, And the pomegranates are in bloom: There will I give thee my loves.
- The mandrakes yield fragrance;
And at our gates are all choice fruits, new and old: I have laid them up for thee, my beloved.