- The burden of the word of Jehovah concerning Israel.
[Thus] saith Jehovah, who stretcheth out the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him:
- Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of bewilderment unto all the peoples round about, and also against Judah shall it be in the siege against Jerusalem.
- And it shall come to pass in that day [that] I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone unto all peoples: all that burden themselves with it shall certainly be wounded, and all the nations of the earth shall be assembled together against it.
- In that day, saith Jehovah, I will smite every horse with astonishment, and his rider with madness;
but I will open mine eyes upon the house of Judah, and will smite every horse of the peoples with blindness.
- And the leaders of Judah shall say in their heart, The inhabitants of Jerusalem shall be my strength through Jehovah of hosts their God.
- In that day will I make the leaders of Judah like a hearth of fire among wood, and like a torch of fire in a sheaf;
and they shall devour all the peoples round about, on the right hand and on the left;
and Jerusalem shall dwell again in her own place, in Jerusalem.
- And Jehovah shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem be not magnified over Judah.
- In that day will Jehovah defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem;
and he that stumbleth among them at that day shall be as David;
and the house of David as God, as the Angel of Jehovah before them.
- And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
- And I will pour upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of grace and of supplications;
and they shall look on me whom they pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for an only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.
- In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadad-rimmon in the valley of Megiddon.
- And the land shall mourn, every family apart: the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart;
the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;
- the family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart;
the family of Shimei apart, and their wives apart;
- all the families that remain, every family apart, and their wives apart.