- And I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand.
- And I said, Whither goest thou?
And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.
- And behold, the angel that talked with me went forth;
and another angel went forth to meet him,
- and said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein;
- and I, saith Jehovah, I will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.
- Ho, ho!
flee from the land of the north, saith Jehovah;
for I have scattered you abroad as the four winds of the heavens, saith Jehovah.
escape, Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.
- For thus saith Jehovah of hosts: After the glory, hath he sent me unto the nations that made you a spoil;
for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye.
- For behold, I will shake my hand upon them, and they shall become a spoil to those that served them: and ye shall know that Jehovah of hosts hath sent me.
- Sing aloud and rejoice, daughter of Zion;
for behold, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith Jehovah.
- And many nations shall join themselves to Jehovah in that day, and shall be unto me for a people;
and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that Jehovah of hosts hath sent me unto thee.
- And Jehovah shall inherit Judah [as] his portion in the holy land, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.
- Let all flesh be silent before Jehovah;
for he is risen up out of his holy habitation.