- And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the Angel of Jehovah, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
- And Jehovah said unto Satan, Jehovah rebuke thee, O Satan!
Yea, Jehovah that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee!
Is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
- And Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the Angel.
- And he spoke and said unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from off him.
And unto him he said, See, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I clothe thee with festival-robes.
- And I said, Let them set a pure turban upon his head.
And they set the pure turban upon his head, and clothed him with garments;
and the Angel of Jehovah stood by.
- And the Angel of Jehovah protested unto Joshua, saying,
- Thus saith Jehovah of hosts: If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts;
and I will give thee a place to walk among these that stand by.
- Hear now, Joshua the high priest, thou and thy fellows that sit before thee — for they are men of portent — for behold, I will bring forth my servant the Branch.
- For behold, the stone that I have laid before Joshua — upon one stone are seven eyes;
behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith Jehovah of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of this land in one day.
- In that day, saith Jehovah of hosts, shall ye invite every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig-tree.