- And I lifted up mine eyes again, and saw, and behold, a flying roll.
- And he said unto me, What seest thou?
And I said, I see a flying roll: the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.
- And he said unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole land: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off according to it on this side;
and every one that sweareth shall be cut off according to it on that side.
- I will cause it to go forth, saith Jehovah of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name;
and it shall lodge in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.
- And the angel that talked with me went forth, and said unto me, Lift up now thine eyes, and see what is this that goeth forth.
- And I said, What is it?
And he said, This is the ephah that goeth forth.
And he said, This is their resemblance in all the land.
- And behold, there was lifted up a round plate of lead;
and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.
- And he said, This is Wickedness: and he cast her into the midst of the ephah;
and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.
- And I lifted up mine eyes, and saw, and behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings;
and they had wings like the wings of a stork;
and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heavens.
- And I said to the angel that talked with me, Whither do these carry the ephah?
- And he said unto me, To build it a house in the land of Shinar;
and it shall be established, and set there upon its own base.