- Collect yourselves and gather together, O nation without shame,
- before the decree bring forth, [before] the day pass away as chaff, before the fierce anger of Jehovah come upon you, before the day of Jehovah's anger come upon you.
- Seek Jehovah, all ye meek of the land, who have performed his ordinance;
seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of Jehovah's anger.
- For Gazah shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon shall be a desolation;
they shall drive out Ashdod at noonday, and Ekron shall be rooted up.
- Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea-coast, the nation of the Cherethites!
The word of Jehovah is against you, O Canaan, land of the Philistines: I will destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant;
- and the sea-coast shall be cave-dwellings for shepherds, and folds for flocks.
- And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah;
they shall feed thereon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for Jehovah their God shall visit them, and turn again their captivity.
- I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the revilings of the children of Ammon, wherewith they have reproached my people, and magnified themselves against their border.
- Therefore, [as] I live, saith Jehovah of hosts, the God of Israel, Moab shall certainly be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, a possession of nettles, and salt-pits, and a perpetual desolation;
the remnant of my people shall spoil them, and the residue of my nation shall possess them.
- This shall they have for their pride, because they have reproached and magnified themselves against the people of Jehovah of hosts.
- Jehovah will be terrible unto them;
for he will famish all the gods of the earth;
and all the isles of the nations shall worship him, every one from his place.
- Ye Ethiopians also, ye shall be the slain of my sword.
- And he will stretch out his hand against the north, and destroy Assyria;
and will make Nineveh a desolation, a place of drought like the wilderness.
- And flocks shall lie down in the midst of her, all the crowd of beasts;
both the pelican and the bittern shall lodge in the chapiters thereof;
a voice shall sing in the windows;
desolation shall be on the thresholds: for he hath laid bare the cedar work.
- This is the rejoicing city that dwelt in security, that said in her heart, I am, and there is none else beside me: how is she become a desolation, a couching-place for beasts!
Every one that passeth by her shall hiss, shall wave his hand.