- Woe to her that is rebellious and corrupted, to the oppressing city!
- She hearkened not to the voice;
she received not correction;
she confided not in Jehovah;
she drew not near her God.
- Her princes in the midst of her are roaring lions;
her judges are evening wolves, that leave nothing for the morning.
- Her prophets are vain-glorious, treacherous persons;
her priests profane the sanctuary, they do violence to the law.
- The righteous Jehovah is in the midst of her: he doeth no wrong.
Every morning doth he bring his judgment to light;
it faileth not: but the unrighteous knoweth no shame.
- I have cut off nations: their battlements are desolate;
I made their streets waste, that none passeth by;
their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, so that there is no inhabitant.
- I said, Only fear me, receive correction;
so her dwelling shall not be cut off, howsoever I may punish her.
But they rose early, they corrupted all their doings.
- Therefore wait ye for me, saith Jehovah, until the day that I rise up to the prey;
for my determination is to assemble the nations, that I may gather the kingdoms together, to pour upon them mine indignation, — all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
- For then will I turn to the peoples a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of Jehovah, to serve him with one consent.
- From beyond the rivers of Cush my suppliants, the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine oblation.
- In that day thou shalt not be ashamed for all thy doings wherein thou hast transgressed against me;
for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that exult in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
- And I will leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of Jehovah.
- The remnant of Israel shall not work unrighteousness, nor speak lies;
neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: but *they* shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
- Exult, O daughter of Zion;
shout, O Israel;
rejoice and be glad with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem:
- Jehovah hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy;
the King of Israel, Jehovah, is in the midst of thee;
thou shalt not see evil any more.
- In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear not;
Zion, let not thy hands be slack.
- Jehovah thy God is in thy midst, a mighty one that will save: he will rejoice over thee with joy;
he will rest in his love;
he will exult over thee with singing.
- I will gather them that sorrow for the solemn assemblies, who were of thee: the reproach of it was a burden [unto them].
- Behold, at that time I will deal with all them that afflict thee;
and I will save her that halted, and gather her that was driven out;
and I will make them a praise and a name in all the lands where they have been put to shame.
- At that time will I bring you, yea, at the time that I gather you;
for I will make you a name and a praise, among all the peoples of the earth, when I shall turn again your captivity before your eyes, saith Jehovah.