- Then spake Elisha vnto the woman, whose sonne he had restored to life, saying, Vp, and goe, thou, and thine house, and soiourne where thou canst soiourne: for the Lorde hath called for a famine, and it commeth also vpon the land seuen yeeres.
- And the woman arose, and did after the saying of the man of God, and went both shee and her housholde and soiourned in the lande of the Philistims seuen yeeres.
- And at the seuen yeeres ende, the woman returned out of the lande of the Philistims, and went out to call vpon the King for her house and for her land.
- And the King talked with Gehazi the seruant of the man of God, saying, Tell mee, I pray thee, all the great actes, that Elisha hath done.
- And as he told the King, howe he had restored one dead to life, behold, the woman, whose sonne he had raised to life, called vpon the King for her house and for her land.
Then Gehazi sayd, My lorde, O King, this is the woman, and this is her sonne, whom Elisha restored to life.
- And when the King asked the woman, shee told him: so the King appoynted her an Eunuch, saying, Restore thou all that are hers, and all the fruites of her landes since the day shee left the land, euen vntill this time.
- Then Elisha came to Damascus, and Ben-hadad the King of Aram was sicke, and one told him, saying, The man of God is come hither.
- And the king sayd vnto Hazael, Take a present in thine hande, and goe meete the man of God, that thou mayest inquire of ye Lord by him, saying, Shall I recouer of this disease?
- So Hazael went to meete him, and tooke the present in his hand, and of euery good thing of Damascus, euen the burden of fourtie camels, and came and stood before him, and sayde, Thy sonne Ben-hadad King of Aram hath sent me to thee, saying, Shall I recouer of this disease?
- And Elisha sayd to him, Goe, and say vnto him, Thou shalt recouer: howbeit the Lord hath shewed me, that he shall surely dye.
- And hee looked vpon him stedfastly, till Hazael was ashamed, and the man of God wept.
- And Hazael sayde, Why weepeth my lord?
And he answered, Because I knowe the euill that thou shalt do vnto the children of Israel: for their strong cities shalt thou set on fire, and their yong men shalt thou slay with the sworde, and shalt dash their infantes against the stones, and rent in pieces their women with child.
- Then Hazael said, What?
is thy seruant a dog, that I should doe this great thing?
And Elisha answered, The Lorde hath shewed mee, that thou shalt be King of Aram.
- So he departed from Elisha, and came to his master, who said to him, What saide Elisha to thee?
And he answered, Hee tolde mee that thou shouldest recouer.
- And on the morow he tooke a thick cloth and dipt in it water, and spread it on his face, & hee dyed: and Hazael reigned in his stead.
- Now in the fift yere of Ioram ye sonne of Ahab King of Israel, and of Iehoshaphat King of Iudah, Iehoram the sonne of Iehoshaphat King of Iudah began to reigne.
- He was two and thirtie yere olde, when he began to reigne: and hee reigned eight yeere in Ierusalem.
- And hee walked in the wayes of the Kings of Israel, as did the house of Ahab: for the daughter of Ahab was his wife, and hee did euill in the sight of the Lord.
- Yet the Lord would not destroy Iudah, for Dauid his seruants sake, as he had promised him to giue him a light, and to his children for euer.
- In those dayes Edom rebelled from vnder the hand of Iudah, and made a King ouer themselues.
- Therefore Ioram went to Zair, and all his charets with him, and he arose by night, & smote the Edomites which were about him with the captains of the charets, and the people fled into their tents.
- So Edom rebelled from vnder the hand of Iudah vnto this day.
then Libnah rebelled at that same time.
- Concerning the rest of the actes of Ioram and all that hee did, are they not written in the booke of the Chronicles of the Kings of Iudah?
- And Ioram slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the citie of Dauid;
Ahaziah his sonne reigned in his stead.
- In the twelft yere of Ioram the sonne of Ahab King of Israel did Ahaziah the sonne of Iehoram King of Iudah begin to reigne.
- Two and twentie yeere olde was Ahaziah when he began to reigne, and he reigned one yere in Ierusalem, and his mothers name was Athaliah the daughter of Omri King of Israel.
- And he walked in the way of the house of Ahab, and did euill in the sight of the Lord, like the house of Ahab: for hee was the sonne in law of the house of Ahab.
- And he went with Ioram the sonne of Ahab to warre against Hazael King of Aram in Ramoth Gilead, and the Aramites smote Ioram.
- And King Ioram returned to bee healed in Izreel of the wounds which ye Aramites had giuen him at Ramah, whe he fought against Hazael King of Aram;
Ahaziah the sonne of Iehoram King of Iudah went downe to see Ioram the sonne of Ahab in Izreel, because he was sicke.