- Heare this worde that the Lord pronounceth against you, O children of Israel, euen against the whole familie which I brought vp fro the land of Egypt, saying,
- You onely haue I knowen of all the families of the earth: therefore I will visite you for all your iniquities.
- Can two walke together except they bee agreed?
- Will a lion roare in ye forest, when he hath no pray?
or wil a lions whelpe cry out of his den, if he haue taken nothing?
- Can a birde fall in a snare vpon the earth, where no fouler is?
or will he take vp the snare from the earth, and haue taken nothing at all?
- Or shall a trumpet be blowen in the citie, and the people be not afraide?
or shall there be euil in a citie, and the Lord hath not done it?
- Surely the Lord God will doe nothing, but he reueileth his secrete vnto his seruantes the Prophets.
- The lyon hath roared: who will not bee afraide?
the Lord God hath spoken: who can but prophecie?
- Proclayme in the palaces at Ashdod, and in the palaces in the lande of Egypt, and saye, Assemble your selues vpon the mountaines of Samaria: so beholde the great tumultes in the middes thereof, and the oppressed in the middes thereof.
- For they knowe not to doe right, sayth the Lorde: they store vp violence, and robbery in their palaces.
- Therefore thus saith the Lord God, An aduersary shall come euen rounde about the countrey, and shall bring downe thy strength fro thee, and thy palaces shalbe spoyled.
- Thus saieth the Lorde, As the shephearde taketh out of the mouth of the lyon two legges, or a piece of an eare: so shall the children of Israel be taken out that dwell in Samaria in the corner of a bed, and in Damascus, as in a couche.
- Heare, and testifie in the house of Iaakob, saith the Lord God, the God of hostes.
- Surely in the day that I shal visit the transgressions of Israel vpon him, I wil also visite the altars of Beth-el, and the hornes of the altar shal be broken off, and fall to the ground.
- And I wil smite the winter house with the sommer house, and the houses of yuorie shal perish, and the great houses shalbe consumed, sayth the Lord.