- And ye word of ye Lord came vnto me, saying,
- Sonne of man, what commeth of the vine tree aboue all other trees?
and of the vine braunch, which is among the trees of ye forest?
- Shall wood bee taken thereof to doe any worke?
or wil men take a pin of it to hang any vessel thereon?
- Behold, it is cast in the fire to be consumed: the fire consumeth both the endes of it, and the middes of it is burnt.
Is it meete for any worke?
- Behold, when it was whole, it was meete for no worke: how much lesse shall it bee meete for any worke, when the fire hath consumed it, and it is burnt?
- Therefore thus sayth the Lorde God, As the vine tree, that is among the trees of the forest, which I haue giuen to the fire to be consumed, so will I giue the inhabitants of Ierusalem.
- And I will set my face against them: they shall go out from one fire, and another fire shall consume them: and ye shall know, that I am the Lord, when I set my face against them,
- And when I make the lande waste, because they haue greatly offended, saith the Lord God.