- I will stand vpon my watch, and set me vpon the towre, and wil looke and see what he would say vnto mee, and what I shall answere to him that rebuketh me.
- And the Lorde answered me, and sayde, Write the vision, and make it plaine vpon tables, that he may runne that readeth it.
- For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the last it shal speake, and not lie: though it tarie, waite: for it shall surely come, and shall not stay.
- Beholde, he that lifteth vp himselfe, his minde is not vpright in him, but the iust shal liue by his fayth,
- Yea, in deede the proude man is as hee that transgresseth by wine: therefore shal he not endure, because he hath enlarged his desire as the hell, and is as death, and can not be satisfied, but gathereth vnto him all nations, and heapeth vnto him all people.
- Shall not all these take vp a parable against him, and a tanting prouerbe against him, and say, Ho, he that increaseth that which is not his?
and hee that ladeth himselfe with thicke clay?
- Shall they not rise vp suddenly, that shall bite thee?
and awake, that shal stirre thee?
and thou shalt be their praye?
- Because thou hast spoyled many nations, all the remnant of the people shal spoyle thee, because of mens blood, and for the wrong done in the land, in the citie, and vnto all that dwell therein.
- Ho, he that coueteth an euil couetousnesse to his house, that he may set his nest on hie, to escape from the power of euil.
- Thou hast consulted shame to thine owne house, by destroying many people, and hast sinned against thine owne soule.
- For the stone shall crie out of the wall, and the beame out of the timber shal answere it.
- Wo vnto him that buildeth a towne with blood, and erecteth a citie by iniquitie.
- Beholde, is it not of the Lorde of hostes that the people shal labour in ye very fire?
the people shall euen weary themselues for very vanitie.
- For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lorde, as the waters couer the sea.
- Wo vnto him that giueth his neighbour drinke: thou ioynest thine heate, & makest him drunken also, that thou mayest see their priuities.
- Thou art filled with shame for glorie: drinke thou also, and be made naked: the cup of the Lords right hand shall be turned vnto thee, and shamefull spuing shalbe for thy glory.
- For the crueltie of Lebanon shall couer thee: so shall the spoyle of the beastes, which made them afraide, because of mens blood, and for the wrong done in the land, in the citie, and vnto all that dwell therein.
- What profiteth the image?
for the maker thereof hath made it an image, and a teacher of lies, though he that made it, trust therein, when he maketh dumme idoles.
- Wo vnto him that sayth to the wood, Awake, and to the dumme stone, Rise vp, it shall teach thee: beholde, it is layde ouer with golde and siluer, and there is no breath in it.
- But the Lord is in his holy Temple: let all the earth keepe silence before him.