- When Israel was a childe, then I loued him, and called my sonne out of Egypt.
- They called them, but they went thus from them: they sacrificed vnto Baalim, and burnt incense to images.
- I ledde Ephraim also, as one shoulde beare them in his armes: but they knewe not that I healed them.
- I led them with cordes of a man, euen with bandes of loue, and I was to them, as hee that taketh off the yoke from their iawes, and I laide the meat vnto them.
- He shall no more returne into the lande of Egypt: but Asshur shalbe his King, because they refused to conuert.
- And the sworde shall fall on his cities, and shall consume his barres, and deuoure them, because of their owne counsels.
- And my people are bent to rebellion against me: though they called them to the most hie, yet none at all would exalt him.
- Howe shall I giue thee vp, Ephraim?
howe shall I deliuer thee, Israel?
How shall I make thee, as Admah?
howe shall I set thee, as Zeboim?
Mine heart is turned within mee: my repentings are rouled together.
- I wil not execute ye fiercenesse of my wrath: I will not returne to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man, the holy one in the middes of thee, and I will not enter into the citie.
- They shall walke after the Lorde: he shall roare like a lyon: when hee shall roare, then the children of the West shall feare.
- They shal feare as a sparrow out of Egypt, and as a doue of the lande of Asshur, and I will place them in their houses, sayth the Lord.
- Ephraim copasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Iudah yet ruleth with God, and is faithfull with the Saints.