- O Israel, returne vnto the Lord thy God: for thou hast fallen by thine iniquitie.
- Take vnto you words, & turne to the Lord, and say vnto him, Take away all iniquitie, and receiue vs graciously: so wil we render the calues of our lippes.
- Asshur shal not saue vs, neither wil we ride vpon horses, neither will we say any more to the worke of our handes, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherlesse findeth mercie.
- I wil heale their rebellion: I wil loue them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
- I will be as the dewe vnto Israel: he shall grow as the lilie and fasten his rootes, as the trees of Lebanon.
- His branches shall spread, and his beautie shalbe as the oliue tree, and his smel as Lebanon.
- They that dwel vnder his shadow, shal returne: they shall reuiue as the corne, and florish as the vine: the sent thereof shalbe as the wine of Lebanon.
- Ephraim shal say, What haue I to doe any more with idoles?
I haue heard him, and looked vpon him: I am like a greene firre tree: vpon me is thy fruite founde.
- Who is wise, and he shall vnderstande these things?
and prudent, and he shall knowe them?
for the wayes of the Lorde are righteous, and the iust shall walke in them: but the wicked shal fall therein.