- Beholde, my seruaunt: I will stay vpon him: mine elect, in whom my soule deliteth: I haue put my Spirit vpo him: he shal bring forth iudgement to the Gentiles.
- He shall not crie, nor lift vp, nor cause his voice to be heard in the streete.
- A bruised reede shall hee not breake, and the smoking flaxe shall he not quench: he shall bring foorth iudgement in trueth.
- He shall not faile nor be discouraged till he haue set iudgement in the earth: and the yles shall waite for his lawe.
- Thus sayeth God the Lord (he that created the heauens and spred them abroad: he that stretched foorth the earth, and the buddes thereof: he that giueth breath vnto the people vpon it, and spirit to them that walke therein)
- I the Lorde haue called thee in righteousnesse, and will hold thine hand, and I will keepe thee, and giue thee for a couenant of the people, and for a light of the Gentiles,
- That thou maist open the eyes of the blind, and bring out the prisoners from the prison: and them that sitte in darkenesse, out of the prison house.
- I am the Lorde, this is my Name, and my glory wil I not giue to another, neither my praise to grauen images.
- Beholde, the former thinges are come to passe, and newe things doe I declare: before they come foorth, I tell you of them.
- Sing vnto the Lorde a newe song, and his praise from the ende of the earth: yee that goe downe to the sea, and all that is therein: the yles and the inhabitants thereof.
- Let the wildernesse and the cities thereof lift vp their voyce, the townes that Kedar doeth inhabite: let the inhabitants of the rocks sing: let them shoute from the toppe of the mountaines.
- Let them giue glorie vnto the Lorde, and declare his praise in the ylands.
- The Lord shal go forth as a gyant: he shal stirre vp his courage like a man of warre: he shall shout and crie, and shall preuaile against his enemies.
- I haue a long time holden my peace: I haue beene still and refrained my selfe: nowe will I crie like a trauailing woman: I will destroy and deuoure at once.
- I will make waste mountaines, and hilles, and drie vp all their herbes, and I will make the floods ylands, and I will drie vp the pooles.
- And I will bring the blinde by a way, that they knewe not, and lead them by paths that they haue not knowen: I will make darkenesse light before them, and crooked thinges straight.
These thinges will I doe vnto them, and not forsake them.
- They shall be turned backe: they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in grauen images, and say to the molten images, Yee are our gods.
- Heare, ye deafe: and ye blinde, regarde, that ye may see.
- Who is blinde but my seruaunt?
or deafe as my messenger, that I sent?
who is blind as the perfit, and blinde as the Lordes seruant?
- Seeing many things, but thou keepest them not?
opening the eares, but he heareth not?
- The Lorde is willing for his righteousnesse sake that he may magnifie the Lawe, and exalt it.
- But this people is robbed & spoiled, and shalbe all snared in dungeons, and they shalbe hid in prison houses: they shall be for a pray, and none shall deliuer: a spoile, and none shall say, Restore.
- Who among you shall hearken to this, and take heede, and heare for afterwardes?
- Who gaue Iaakob for a spoyle, and Israel to the robbers?
Did not ye Lorde, because we haue sinned against him?
for they woulde not walke in his waies, neither be obedient vnto his Lawe.
- Therefore hee hath powred vpon him his fierce wrath, and the strength of battell: and it set him on fire round about, and he knewe not, and it burned him vp, yet he considered not.