- In the yeere of the death of King Vzziah, I saw also the Lord sitting vpon an high throne, and lifted vp, and the lower partes thereof filled the Temple.
- The Seraphims stoode vpon it: euery one had sixe wings: with twaine he couered his face, and with twaine hee couered his feete, and with twaine he did flie.
- And one cryed to another, and sayde, Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hostes: the whole world is full of his glory.
- And the lintles of the doore cheekes moued at the voyce of him that cryed, and the house was filled with smoke.
- Then I sayd, Wo is me: for I am vndone, because I am a man of polluted lips, & I dwell in the middes of a people of polluted lips: for mine eyes haue seene the King and Lord of hostes.
- Then flewe one of the Seraphims vnto me with an hote cole in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with the tongs:
- And he touched my mouth, and sayd, Loe, this hath touched thy lips, & thine iniquitie shall be taken away, and thy sinne shalbe purged.
- Also I heard the voyce of the Lord, saying, Whome shall I send?
and who shall goe for vs?
Then I sayd, Here am I, send me.
- And he sayd, Goe, and say vnto this people, Ye shall heare in deede, but ye shall not vnderstand: ye shall plainely see, and not perceiue.
- Make the heart of this people fatte, make their eares heauie, and shut their eyes, lest they see with their eyes, and heare with their eares, and vnderstand with their hearts, and conuert, and he heale them.
- Then sayd I, Lorde, howe long?
And he answered, Vntill the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be vtterly desolate,
- And the Lord haue remoued men farre away, and there be a great desolation in the mids of the land.
- But yet in it shalbe a tenth, and shall returne, and shalbe eaten vp as an elme or an oke, which haue a substance in them, when they cast their leaues: so the holy seede shall be the substance thereof.