- Thus saith the Lorde, The heauen is my throne, and the earth is my footestoole: where is that house that ye will builde vnto me?
and where is that place of my rest?
- For all these things hath mine hand made, and all these things haue bene, sayth the Lorde: and to him will I looke, euen to him, that is poore, and of a contrite spirite and trembleth at my wordes.
- He that killeth a bullocke, is as if he slewe a man: he that sacrificeth a sheepe, as if he cut off a dogges necke: he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swines blood: he that remembreth incense, as if he blessed an idole: yea, they haue chosen their owne wayes, and their soule deliteth in their abominations.
- Therefore will I chuse out their delusions, and I will bring their feare vpon them, because I called, and none woulde answere: I spake and they woulde not heare: but they did euill in my sight, and chose the things which I would not.
- Heare the worde of the Lorde, all ye that tremble at his worde, Your brethren that hated you, and cast you out for my Names sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appeare to your ioy, and they shall be ashamed.
- A voyce soundeth from the citie, euen a voyce from the Temple, the voyce of the Lorde, that recompenseth his enemies fully.
- Before she trauailed, she brought foorth: and before her paine came, she was deliuered of a man childe.
- Who hath heard such a thing?
who hath seene such things?
shall ye earth be brought forth in one day?
or shall a nation be borne at once?
for assoone as Zion trauailed, she brought foorth her children.
- Shall I cause to trauaile, and not bring forth?
shall I cause to bring forth, and shall be baren, saith thy God?
- Reioyce ye with Ierusalem, and be gladde with her, all ye that loue her: reioyce for ioy with her, all ye that mourne for her,
- That ye may sucke and be satisfied with the brestes of her consolation: that ye may milke out and be delited with ye brightnes of her glorie.
- For thus saith the Lord, Beholde, I will extend peace ouer her like a flood, and the glorie of the Gentiles like a flowing streame: then shall ye sucke, ye shall be borne vpon her sides, and be ioyfull vpon her knees.
- As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you, and ye shall be comforted in Ierusalem.
- And when ye see this, your hearts shall reioyce, and your bones shall flourish like an herbe: and the hand of the Lord shall be knowen among his seruants, and his indignation against his enemies.
- For beholde, the Lord will come with fire, and his charets like a whirlewinde, that he may recompence his anger with wrath, & his indignation with the flame of fire.
- For the Lord will iudge with fire, and with his sworde all flesh, and the slaine of the Lorde shall be many.
- They that sanctifie themselues, and purifie themselues in the gardens behinde one tree in the middes eating swines flesh, and such abomination, euen the mouse, shall be consumed together, sayeth the Lord.
- For I will visite their workes, and their imaginations: for it shall come that I will gather all nations, and tongues, and they shall come, and see my glorie.
- And I will set a signe among them, and will send those that escape of them, vnto the nations of Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, and to them that drawe the bowe, to Tubal and Tauan, yles afarre off, that haue not heard my fame, neither haue seene my glorie, and they shall declare my glorie among the Gentiles.
- And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering vnto the Lord out of all nations, vpon horses, and in charets, and in horse litters, and vpon mules, and swift beastes, to Ierusalem mine holy Mountaine, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel, offer in a cleane vessell in the House of the Lorde.
- And I will take of them for Priestes, and for Leuites, saith the Lord.
- For as the newe heauens, and the newe earth which I will make, shall remaine before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seede and your name continue.
- And from moneth to moneth, and from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
- And they shall goe forth, and looke vpon the carkases of the men that haue transgressed against me: for their worme shall not dye, neither shall their fire be quenched, and they shalbe an abhorring vnto all flesh.