- There was a man of mount Ephraim, whose name was Michah,
- And he saide vnto his mother, The eleuen hundreth shekels of siluer that were taken from thee, for the which thou cursedst, and spakedst it, euen in mine hearing, beholde, the siluer is with me, I tooke it.
Then his mother saide, Blessed be my sonne of the Lorde.
- And when he had restored the eleuen hundreth shekels of siluer to his mother, his mother sayd, I had dedicate the siluer to the Lord of mine hand for my sonne, to make a grauen and molten image.
Now therfore I will giue it thee again.
- And when he had restored the money vnto his mother, his mother tooke two hundreth shekels of siluer, and gaue them to the founder, which made thereof a grauen and molten image, and it was in the house of Michah.
- And this man Michah had an house of gods, & made an Ephod, and Teraphim, & cosecrated one of his sonnes, who was his Priest.
- In those dayes there was no King in Israel, but euery man did that which was good in his owne eyes.
- There was also a yong man out of Bethlehem Iudah, of the familie of Iudah: who was a Leuite, and soiourned there.
- And the man departed out of the citie, euen out of Beth-lehem Iudah, to dwell where he coulde finde a place: and as he iourneyed, he came to mount Ephraim to the house of Michah
- And Michah saide vnto him, Whence comest thou?
And the Leuite answered him, I come from Beth-lehem Iudah, and goe to dwell where I may finde a place.
- Then Michah said vnto him, Dwell with me, and be vnto me a father and a Priest, and I will giue thee ten shekels of siluer by yeere, and a sute of apparell, and thy meate and drinke.
So the Leuite went in.
- And the Leuite was content to dwel with the man, and the yong man was vnto him as one of his owne sonnes.
- And Michah consecrated the Leuite, and the yong man was his Priest, and was in the house of Michah.
- Then said Michah, Nowe I know that the Lord will be good vnto me, seeing I haue a Leuite to my Priest.