- O Lorde, if I dispute with thee, thou art righteous: yet let mee talke with thee of thy iudgements: wherefore doeth the way of the wicked prosper?
why are all they in wealth that rebelliously transgresse?
- Thou hast planted them, and they haue taken roote: they grow, and bring forth fruite: thou art neere in their mouth, and farre from their reines.
- But thou, Lord, knowest me: thou hast seene me, and tried mine heart towarde thee: pull them out like sheepe for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter.
- Howe long shall the lande mourne, and the herbes of euery fielde wither, for the wickednesse of them that dwell therein?
the beastes are consumed and the birdes, because they sayd, He wil not see our last ende.
- If thou hast runne with the footemen and they haue wearied thee, then howe canst thou match thy selfe with horses?
and if thou thoughtest thy selfe safe in a peaceable lande, what wilt thou do in the swelling of Iorden?
- For euen thy brethren, and the house of thy father, euen they haue delt vnfaithfully with thee, and they haue cryed out altogether vpon thee: but beleeue them not, though they speake faire to thee.
- I haue forsaken mine house: I haue left mine heritage: I haue giuen the dearely beloued of my soule into the hands of her enemies.
- Mine heritage is vnto mee, as a lion in the forest: it crieth out against mee, therefore haue I hated it.
- Shall mine heritage bee vnto mee, as a bird of diuers colours?
are not the birdes about her, saying, Come, assemble all ye beastes of the fielde, come to eate her?
- Many pastors haue destroyed my vineyarde, and troden my portion vnder foote: of my pleasant portion they haue made a desolate wildernesse.
- They haue layde it waste, and it, being waste, mourneth vnto me: and the whole lande lyeth waste, because no man setteth his minde on it.
- The destroyers are come vpon all the high places in the wildernesse: for the sworde of the Lord shal deuoure from the one end of the land, euen to the other ende of the lande: no flesh shall haue peace.
- They haue sowen wheate, and reaped thornes: they were sicke, and had no profite: and they were ashamed of your fruites, because of the fierce wrath of the Lord.
- Thus sayeth the Lord against all mine euill neighbours, that touch the inheritance, which I haue caused my people Israel to inherite, Beholde, I will plucke them out of their lande, and plucke out the house of Iudah from among them.
- And after that I haue plucked them out, I will returne, and haue compassion on them, and will bring againe euery man to his heritage, and euery man to his land.
- And if they will learne the wayes of my people, to sweare by my Name, ( The Lord liueth, as they taught my people to sweare by Baal) then shall they be built in the middes of my people.
- But if they will not obey, then will I vtterly plucke vp, and destroy that nation, sayeth the Lord.