- Then sayde the Lord vnto me, Though Moses and Samuel stoode before mee, yet mine affection coulde not be toward this people: cast them out of my sight, and let them depart.
- And if they say vnto thee, Whither shal we depart?
Then tell them, Thus saith the Lord, Such as are appointed to death, vnto death: and such as are for the sworde, to the sworde: and such as are for the famine, to the famine: and such as are for the captiuitie, to the captiuitie.
- And I wil appoint ouer them foure kindes, sayth the Lord, the sworde to slay, and the dogs to teare in pieces, and the soules of the heauen, and the beastes of the earth to deuoure, and to destroy.
- I will scatter them also in all kingdomes of the earth, because of Manasseh the sonne of Hezekiah King of Iudah, for that which he did in Ierusalem.
- Who shal then haue pitie vpon thee, O Ierusalem?
Or who shalbe sorie for thee?
Or who shal go to pray for thy peace?
- Thou hast forsaken me, sayth the Lord, and gone backward: therefore wil I stretch out mine hand against thee, and destroy thee: for I am weary with repenting.
- And I wil scatter them with the fanne in the gates of the earth I haue wasted, and destroyed my people, yet they would not returne from their wayes.
- Their widdowes are increased by mee aboue the sande of the sea: I haue brought vpon them, and against the assembly of the yong men a destroyer at noone day: I haue caused him to fal vpon them, and the citie suddenly, and speedily.
- Shee that hath borne seuen, hath bene made weake: her heart hath failed: the sunne hath failed her, whiles it was day: she hath bene confounded, and ashamed, and the residue of them will I deliuer vnto the sworde before their enemies, sayth the Lord.
- Wo is mee, my mother, that thou hast borne mee, a contentious man, and a man that striueth with the whole earth I haue neither lent on vsury, nor men haue lent vnto me on vsurie: yet euery one doeth curse me.
- The Lord sayd, Surely thy remnant shal haue wealth: surely I will cause thine enemie to intreate thee in the time of trouble, & in the time of affliction.
- Shall the yron breake the yron, and the brasse that commeth from the North?
- Thy substance and thy treasures wil I giue to be spoyled without gaine, and that for all thy sinnes euen in all thy borders.
- And I wil make thee to go with thine enemies into a land that thou knowest not: for a fire is kindled in mine anger, which shal burne you.
- O Lord, thou knowest, remember me, and visite me, & reuenge me of my persecuters: take mee not away in the continuance of thine anger: know that for thy sake I haue suffered rebuke.
- Thy wordes were founde by me, and I did eate them, and thy worde was vnto me the ioy and reioycing of mine heart: for thy Name is called vpon me, O Lord God of hostes.
- I sate not in the assembly of the mockers, neither did I reioyce, but sate alone because of thy plague: for thou hast filled me with indignation.
- Why is mine heauines continuall?
And my plague desperate and cannot be healed?
why art thou vnto me as a lyar, and as waters that faile?
- Therefore thus saith the Lord, If thou returne, then wil I bring thee againe, and thou shalt stand before me: and if thou take away the precious from the vile, thou shalt be according to my worde: let them returne vnto thee, but returne not thou vnto them.
- And I will make thee vnto this people a strong brasen wal, & they shal fight against thee, but they shal not preuaile against thee: for I am with thee to saue thee & to deliuer thee, saith ye Lord.
- And I will deliuer thee out of the hand of the wicked, and I will redeeme thee out of the hand of the tyrants.