- The wordes of the Lord that came to Ieremiah the Prophet, against the Philistims, before that Pharaoh smote Azzah.
- Thus saith the Lord, Beholde, waters rise vp out of the North, and shalbe as a swelling flood, and shall ouerflowe the land, and all that is therein, and the cities with them that dwell therein: then the men shall crie, and all the inhabitants of the land shall howle,
- At the noise and stamping of ye hoofes of his strong horses, at the noise of his charets, and at the rumbling of his wheeles: ye fathers shall not looke backe to their children, for feeblenes of handes,
- Because of the day that commeth to destroy all the Philistims, and to destroy Tyrus, and Zidon, and all the rest that take their part: for the Lord will destroy the Philistims, the remnant of the yle of Caphtor.
- Baldenes is come vpon Azzah: Ashkelon is cut vp with the rest of their valleys.
Howe long wilt thou thy selfe?
- O thou sword of the Lord, how long will it be or thou cease!
turne againe into thy scaberd, rest and be still.
- Howe can it cease, seeing the Lorde hath giuen it a charge against Ashkelon, and against the sea banke?
euen there hath he appointed it.