- And as Iesus passed by, he sawe a man which was blinde from his birth.
- And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sinne, this man, or his parents, that he was borne blinde?
- Iesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents, but that the workes of God should be shewed on him.
- I must worke the workes of him that sent me, while it is day: the night commeth when no man can worke.
- As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
- Assoone as he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spettle, and anointed the eyes of the blinde with the clay,
- And sayd vnto him, Go wash in the poole of Siloam (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came againe seeing.
- Nowe the neighbours and they that had seene him before, when he was blinde, sayd, Is not this he that sate and begged?
- Some said, This is he: and other sayd, He is like him: but he himselfe sayd, I am he.
- Therefore they sayd vnto him, Howe were thine eyes opened?
- He answered, and sayd, The man that is called Iesus, made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and sayde vnto me, Goe to the poole of Siloam and wash.
So I went and washed, and receiued sight.
- Then they sayd vnto him, Where is he?
He sayd, I can not tell.
- They brought to the Pharises him that was once blinde.
- And it was the Sabbath day, when Iesus made the clay, and opened his eyes.
- Then againe the Pharises also asked him, how he had receiued sight;
hee sayd vnto them, He layd clay vpon mine eyes, & I washed, and doe see.
- Then said some of the Pharises, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the Sabbath day.
Others sayd, Howe can a man that is a sinner, doe such miracles?
and there was a dissension among them.
- Then spake they vnto the blinde againe, What sayest thou of him, because he hath opened thine eyes?
And he sayd, He is a Prophet.
- Then the Iewes did not beleeue him (that he had bene blinde, and receiued his sight) vntill they had called the parents of him that had receiued sight.
- And they asked them, saying, Is this your sonne, whom ye say was borne blinde?
How doeth he nowe see then?
- His parents answered them, and sayd, We know that this is our sonne, & that he was borne blinde:
- But by what meanes hee nowe seeth, we know not: or who hath opened his eyes, can we not tell: he is olde ynough: aske him: hee shall answere for himselfe.
- These wordes spake his parents, because they feared the Iewes: for the Iewes had ordeined already, that if any man did confesse that he was Christ, he should be excommunicate out of the Synagogue.
- Therefore sayde his parents, Hee is olde ynough: aske him.
- Then againe called they the man that had bene blinde, and sayd vnto him, Giue glory vnto God: we know that this man is a sinner.
- Then he answered, and sayd, Whether hee be a sinner or no, I can not tell: one thing I know, that I was blinde, and nowe I see.
- Then sayd they to him againe, What did he to thee?
howe opened he thine eyes?
- Hee answered them, I haue tolde you already, and yee haue not heard it: wherefore would yee heare it againe?
will yee also be his disciples?
- Then reuiled they him, and sayd, Be thou his disciple: we be Moses disciples.
- We know that God spake with Moses: but this man we know not from whence he is.
- The man answered, and sayde vnto them, Doutlesse, this is a marueilous thing, that ye know not whence he is, and yet he hath opened mine eyes.
- Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him heareth he.
- Since the world began, was it not heard, that any man opened the eyes of one that was borne blinde.
- If this man were not of God, hee could haue done nothing.
- They answered, and sayd vnto him, Thou art altogether borne in sinnes, and doest thou teach vs?
so they cast him out.
- Iesus heard that they had cast him out: and when he had found him, he sayd vnto him, Doest thou beleeue in the Sonne of God?
- He answered, and sayd, Who is he, Lord, that I might beleeue in him?
- And Iesus sayd vnto him, Both thou hast seene him, and he it is that talketh with thee.
- Then he sayd, Lord, I beleeue, and worshipped him.
- And Iesus sayd, I am come vnto iudgement into this world, that they which see not, might see: and that they which see, might be made blinde.
- And some of the Pharises which were with him, heard these things, & sayd vnto him, Are we blinde also?
- Iesus sayd vnto them, If ye were blinde, ye should not haue sinne: but nowe ye say, We see: therefore your sinne remaineth.