- The booke of the generation of Iesvs Christ the sonne of Dauid, the sonne of Abraham.
- Abraham begate Isaac.
And Isaac begate Iacob;
Iacob begat Iudas and his brethren.
- And Iudas begate Phares, and Zara of Thamar;
Phares begate Esrom;
Esrom begate Aram.
- And Aram begate Aminadab;
Aminadab begate Naasson;
Naasson begat Salmon.
- And Salmon begate Booz of Rachab;
Booz begat Obed of Ruth;
Obed begat Iesse.
- And Iesse begate Dauid the King;
Dauid the King begate Solomon of her that was the wife of Vrias.
- And Solomon begate Roboam;
Roboam begate Abia;
Abia begate Asa.
- And Asa begate Iosaphat;
Iosaphat begate Ioram;
Ioram begate Hozias.
- And Hozias begat Ioatham;
Ioatham begate Achaz;
Achaz begate Ezekias.
- And Ezekias begate Manasses;
Manasses begate Amon;
Amon begate Iosias.
- And Iosias begate Iakim;
Iakim begate Iechonias and his brethren about the time they were caried away to Babylon.
- And after they were caried away into Babylon, Iechonias begate Salathiel.
And Salathiel begate Zorobabel.
- And Zorobabel begate Abiud;
Abiud begate Eliacim;
Eliacim begate Azor.
- And Azor begate Sadoc;
Sadoc begate Achim;
Achim begate Eliud.
- And Eliud begate Eleazar;
Eleazar begate Matthan;
Matthan begate Iacob.
- And Iacob begat Ioseph ye husbad of Mary, of whom was borne Iesvs, that is called Christ.
- So all the generations fro Abraham to Dauid, are fourtene generations;
fro Dauid vntil they were caried away into Babylon, fourtene generations: and after they were caried away into Babylon vntill Christ, fourteene generations.
- Nowe the birth of Iesvs Christ was thus, When as his mother Mary was betrothed to Ioseph, before they came together, shee was found with childe of the holy Ghost.
- Then Ioseph her husbande being a iust man, and not willing to make her a publike example, was minded to put her away secretly.
- But whiles he thought these things, behold, the Angel of the Lorde appeared vnto him in a dreame, saying, Ioseph, the sonne of Dauid, feare not to take Mary thy wife: for that which is conceiued in her, is of the holy Ghost.
- And she shall bring foorth a sonne, and thou shalt call his name Iesvs: for hee shall saue his people from their sinnes.
- And al this was done that it might be fulfilled, which is spoken of the Lord by ye Prophet, saying,
- Behold, a virgine shalbe with childe, and shall beare a sonne, & they shal call his name Emmanuel, which is by interpretation, God with vs.
- Then Ioseph, being raised from sleepe, did as the Angel of the Lorde had inioyned him, and tooke his wife.
- But he knew her not, til she had broght forth her first borne sonne, & he called his name Iesus.