- The burden of Nineueh.
The booke of the vision of Nahum the Elkeshite.
- God is ielous, & the Lord reuengeth: the Lord reuengeth: euen the Lorde of anger, the Lorde will take vengeance on his aduersaries, & he reserueth wrath for his enemies.
- The Lord is slow to anger, but he is great in power, and will not surely cleare the wicked: the Lord hath his way in ye whirlewind, & in the storme, and the cloudes are the dust of his feete.
- He rebuketh the sea, and dryeth it, and he dryeth vp all the riuers: Bashan is wasted and Carmel, and the floure of Lebanon is wasted.
- The mountaines tremble for him, and the hilles melt, & the earth is burnt at his sight, yea, the worlde, and all that dwell therein.
- Who can stande before his wrath?
Or who can abide in the fiercenesse of his wrath?
His wrath is powred out like fire, and the rockes are broken by him.
- The Lorde is good and as a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him.
- But passing ouer as with a flood, he will vtterly destroy the place thereof, and darknesse shall pursue his enemies.
- What doe ye imagine against the Lord?
He wil make an vtter destruction: affliction shal not rise vp the seconde time.
- For he shall come as vnto thornes folden one in another, and as vnto drunkardes in their drunkennesse: they shall be deuoured as stubble fully dryed.
- There commeth one out of thee that imagineth euill against the Lorde, euen a wicked counsellour.
- Thus saith the Lorde, Though they be quiet, and also many, yet thus shall they be cut off when he shall passe by: though I haue afflicted thee, I will afflict thee no more.
- For nowe I will breake his yoke from thee, and will burst thy bonds in sunder.
- And the Lorde hath giuen a commandement concerning thee, that no more of thy name be sowen: out of the house of thy gods will I cut off the grauen, and the molten image: I will make it thy graue for thee, for thou art vile.
- Beholde vpon the mountaines the feete of him that declareth, and publisheth peace: O Iudah, keepe thy solemne feastes, perfourme thy vowes: for the wicked shall no more passe thorowe thee: he is vtterly cut off.