- To him that excelleth.
A Psalme of Dauid.
- The foole hath said in his heart, There is no God: they haue corrupted, & done an abominable worke: there is none that doeth good.
- The Lord looked downe from heauen vpon the children of men, to see if there were any that would vnderstand, and seeke God.
- All are gone out of the way: they are all corrupt: there is none that doeth good, no not one.
- Doe not all the workers of iniquitie know that they eate vp my people, as they eate bread?
They call not vpon the Lord.
- There they shall be taken with feare, because God is in the generation of the iust.
- You haue made a mocke at the counsell of the poore, because the Lord is his trust.
- Oh giue saluation vnto Israel out of Zion: when the Lorde turneth the captiuitie of his people, then Iaakob shall reioyce, and Israel shall be glad.