- A Psalme of Dauid.
- Deliuer me, O Lord, from the euill man: preserue me from the cruel man:
- Which imagine euill things in their heart, and make warre continually.
- They haue sharpened their tongues like a serpent: adders poyson is vnder their lips.
- Keepe mee, O Lord, from the handes of the wicked: preserue mee from the cruell man, which purposeth to cause my steppes to slide.
- The proude haue layde a snare for me, and spred a nette with cordes in my pathway, and set grennes for me.
- Therefore I saide vnto the Lorde, Thou art my God: heare, O Lord, the voyce of my prayers.
- O Lord God the strength of my saluation, thou hast couered mine head in the day of battel.
- Let not the wicked haue his desire, O Lord: performe not his wicked thought, least they be proude.
- As for the chiefe of them, that compasse me about, let the mischiefe of their owne lippes come vpon them.
- Let coles fal vpon them: let him cast them into the fire, & into the deepe pits, that they rise not.
- For the backbiter shall not be established vpon the earth: euill shall hunt the cruell man to destruction.
- I know that the Lord will auenge the afflicted, and iudge the poore.
- Surely the righteous shal prayse thy Name, and the iust shall dwell in thy presence.