- A Psalme of Dauid,
to giue instruction, and a prayer,
when he was in the caue.
- I cryed vnto the Lord with my voyce: with my voyce I prayed vnto the Lord.
- I powred out my meditation before him, and declared mine affliction in his presence.
- Though my spirit was in perplexitie in me, yet thou knewest my path: in the way wherein I walked, haue they priuily layde a snare for me.
- I looked vpon my right hand, and beheld, but there was none that would knowe me: all refuge failed me, and none cared for my soule.
- Then cryed I vnto thee, O Lord, and sayde, thou art mine hope, and my portion in the land of the liuing.
- Hearken vnto my crye, for I am brought very lowe: deliuer me from my persecuters, for they are too strong for me.
- Bring my soule out of prison, that I may prayse thy Name: then shal the righteous come about me, when thou art beneficiall vnto me.