- A Psalme of Dauid,
when he fled from his sonne Absalom.
- Lorde, howe are mine aduersaries increased?
howe many rise against me?
- Many say to my soule, There is no helpe for him in God.
- But thou Lorde art a buckler for me: my glory, and the lifter vp of mine head.
- I did call vnto the Lord with my voyce, & he heard me out of his holy mountaine.
- I layed me downe and slept, and rose vp againe: for the Lord susteined me.
- I will not be afrayde for ten thousand of the people, that should beset me round about.
- O Lord, arise: helpe me, my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies vpon the cheeke bone: thou hast broken the teeth of the wicked.
- Saluation belongeth vnto the Lorde, and thy blessing is vpon thy people.