- To him that excelleth on Neginoth.
A Psalme of Dauid.
- Heare me when I call, O God of my righteousnes: thou hast set me at libertie, when I was in distresse: haue mercie vpon me & hearken vnto my prayer.
- O ye sonnes of men, howe long will yee turne my glory into shame, louing vanitie, and seeking lyes?
- For be ye sure that the Lorde hath chosen to himselfe a godly man: the Lorde will heare when I call vnto him.
- Tremble, and sinne not: examine your owne heart vpon your bed, and be still.
- Offer the sacrifices of righteousnes, and trust in the Lorde.
- Many say, Who will shewe vs any good?
but Lorde, lift vp the light of thy countenance vpon vs.
- Thou hast giuen mee more ioye of heart, then they haue had, when their wheate and their wine did abound.
- I will lay mee downe, and also sleepe in peace: for thou, Lord, onely makest me dwell in safetie.