- To him that excelleth.
A Psalme of Dauid to giue instruction.
When Doeg the Edomite came and shewed Saul,
and saide to him,
Dauid is come to the house of Abimelech.
- Why boastest thou thy selfe in thy wickednesse, O man of power?
the louing kindenesse of God indureth dayly.
- Thy tongue imagineth mischiefe, and is like a sharpe rasor, that cutteth deceitfully.
- Thou doest loue euill more then good, and lies more then to speake the trueth.
- Thou louest all wordes that may destroye, O deceitfull tongue!
- So shal God destroy thee for euer: he shal take thee and plucke thee out of thy tabernacle, and roote thee out of ye land of the liuing.
- The righteous also shall see it, and feare, and shall laugh at him, saying,
- Beholde the man that tooke not God for his strength, but trusted vnto the multitude of his riches, and put his strength in his malice.
- But I shall bee like a greene oliue tree in the house of God: for I trusted in the mercie of God for euer and euer.
- I will alway praise thee, for that thou hast done this, and I will hope in thy Name, because it is good before thy Saints.