- To him that excelleth.
A Psalme of Dauid on Michtam,
concerning the dumme doue in a farre countrey,
when the Philistims tooke him in Gath.
- Be mercifull vnto me, O God, for man would swallow me vp: he fighteth continually and vexeth me.
- Mine enemies would dayly swallowe mee vp: for many fight against me, O thou most High.
- When I was afrayd, I trusted in thee.
- I will reioyce in God, because of his word, I trust in God, and will not feare what flesh can doe vnto me.
- Mine owne wordes grieue me dayly: all their thoughtes are against me to doe me hurt.
- They gather together, and keepe them selues close: they marke my steps, because they waite for my soule.
- They thinke they shall escape by iniquitie: O God, cast these people downe in thine anger.
- Thou hast counted my wandrings: put my teares into thy bottel: are they not in thy register?
- When I cry, then mine enemies shal turne backe: this I know, for God is with me.
- I will reioyce in God because of his worde: in the Lord wil I reioyce because of his worde.
- In God doe I trust: I will not be afrayd what man can doe vnto me.
- Thy vowes are vpon me, O God: I will render prayses vnto thee.
- For thou hast deliuered my soule from death, and also my feete from falling, that I may walke before God in the light of the liuing.