- To him that excelleth.
A Psalme of Dauid on Michtam.
When he fled from Saul in the caue.
- Haue mercie vpon me, O God, haue mercie vpon me: for my soule trusteth in thee, and in the shadowe of thy wings wil I trust, till these afflictions ouerpasse.
- I will call vnto the most high God, euen to the God, that performeth his promes toward me.
- He will send from heauen, and saue me from the reproofe of him that would swallowe me.
God wil send his mercy, and his trueth.
- My soule is among lions: I lie among the children of men, that are set on fire: whose teeth are speares and arrowes, & their tongue a sharpe sworde.
- Exalt thy selfe, O God, aboue the heauen, and let thy glory be vpon all the earth.
- They haue layd a net for my steps: my soule is pressed downe: they haue digged a pit before me, and are fallen into the mids of it.
- Mine heart is prepared, O God, mine heart is prepared: I will sing and giue prayse.
- Awake my tongue, awake viole & harpe: I wil awake early.
- I will prayse thee, O Lord, among the people, and I wil sing vnto thee among the nations.
- For thy mercie is great vnto the heauens, and thy trueth vnto the cloudes.
- Exalt thy selfe, O God, aboue the heauens, and let thy glory be vpon all the earth.