- To him that excelleth.
A Psalme of Dauid on Michtam.
- Is it true?
O Congregation, speake ye iustly?
O sonnes of men, iudge ye vprightly?
- Yea, rather ye imagine mischiefe in your heart: your hands execute crueltie vpon the earth.
- The wicked are strangers from ye wombe: euen from the belly haue they erred, and speake lyes.
- Their poyson is euen like the poyson of a serpent: like ye deafe adder that stoppeth his eare.
- Which heareth not the voyce of the inchanter, though he be most expert in charming.
- Breake their teeth, O God, in their mouthes: breake the iawes of the yong lions, O Lorde.
- Let them melt like the waters, let them passe away: when hee shooteth his arrowes, let them be as broken.
- Let them consume like a snayle that melteth, and like the vntimely fruite of a woman, that hath not seene the sunne.
- As raw flesh before your pots feele the fire of thornes: so let him cary them away as with a whirlewinde in his wrath.
- The righteous shall reioyce when he seeeth the vengeance: he shall wash his feete in the blood of the wicked.
- And men shall say, Verily there is fruite for the righteous: doutlesse there is a God that iudgeth in the earth.