- To him that excelleth vpon Shushan Eduth, or Michtam.
A Psalme of Dauid to teach.
When he fought against Aram Naharaim,
& against Aram Zobah,
when Ioab returned and slewe twelue thousand Edomites in the salt valley.
- O God, thou hast cast vs out, thou hast scattered vs, thou hast bene angry, turne againe vnto vs.
- Thou hast made the land to tremble, and hast made it to gape: heale the breaches thereof, for it is shaken.
- Thou hast shewed thy people heauy things: thou hast made vs to drinke the wine of giddines.
- But now thou hast giuen a banner to them that feare thee, that it may be displayed because of thy trueth.
- That thy beloued may be deliuered, helpe with thy right hand and heare me.
- God hath spoken in his holines: therefore I will reioyce: I shall deuide Shechem, and measure the valley of Succoth.
- Gilead shalbe mine, and Manasseh shalbe mine: Ephraim also shalbe the strength of mine head: Iudah is my lawgiuer.
- Moab shalbe my wash pot: ouer Edom will I cast out my shoe: Palestina shew thy selfe ioyfull for me.
- Who will leade me into the strong citie?
who will bring me vnto Edom?
- Wilt not thou, O God, which hadest cast vs off, & didest not go forth, O God, with our armies?
- Giue vs helpe against trouble: for vaine is the helpe of man.
- Through God we shall doe valiantly: for he shall tread downe our enemies.