- To him that excelleth.
A song or Psalme.
- Reioyce in God, all ye inhabitants of the earth.
- Sing forth the glory of his name: make his praise glorious.
- Say vnto God, Howe terrible art thou in thy workes!
through the greatnesse of thy power shall thine enemies be in subiection vnto thee.
- All the worlde shall worship thee, and sing vnto thee, euen sing of thy Name.
- Come and beholde the workes of God: he is terrible in his doing towarde the sonnes of men.
- He hath turned the Sea into drie land: they passe through the riuer on foote: there did we reioyce in him.
- He ruleth the worlde with his power: his eyes beholde the nations: the rebellious shall not exalt them selues.
- Prayse our God, ye people, and make the voyce of his prayse to be heard.
- Which holdeth our soules in life, and suffereth not our feete to slippe.
- For thou, O God, hast proued vs, thou hast tryed vs as siluer is tryed.
- Thou hast brought vs into the snare, and layed a strait chaine vpon our loynes.
- Thou hast caused men to ryde ouer our heads: we went into fire and into water, but thou broughtest vs out into a welthie place.
- I will go into thine House with burnt offrings, and will pay thee my vowes,
- Which my lippes haue promised, and my mouth hath spoken in mine affliction.
- I will offer vnto thee the burnt offerings of fat rammes with incense: I will prepare bullocks and goates.
- Come and hearken, all ye that feare God, and I will tell you what he hath done to my soule.
- I called vnto him with my mouth, and he was exalted with my tongue.
- If I regard wickednesse in mine heart, the Lord will not heare me.
- But God hath heard me, & considered the voyce of my prayer.
- Praysed be God, which hath not put backe my prayer, nor his mercie from me.