- To him that excelleth on Gittith.
A Psalme of Dauid.
- O lord our Lord, how excellent is thy Name in all the worlde!
which hast set thy glory aboue the heauens.
- Out of the mouth of babes & suckelings hast thou ordeined strength, because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemie and the auenger.
- When I beholde thine heauens, euen the workes of thy fingers, the moone and the starres which thou hast ordeined,
- What is man, say I, that thou art mindefull of him?
and the sonne of man, that thou visitest him?
- For thou hast made him a little lower then God, and crowned him with glory and worship.
- Thou hast made him to haue dominion in the workes of thine hands: thou hast put all things vnder his feete:
- All sheepe and oxen: yea, and the beastes of the fielde:
- The foules of the ayre, and the fish of the sea, and that which passeth through the paths of the seas.
- O Lorde our Lorde, howe excellent is thy Name in all the world!