- To him that excelleth.
A Psalme committed to the sonnes of Korah.
- Lorde, thou hast bene fauourable vnto thy land: thou hast brought againe the captiuitie of Iaakob.
- Thou hast forgiuen the iniquitie of thy people, and couered all their sinnes.
- Thou hast withdrawen all thine anger, and hast turned backe fro the fiercenes of thy wrath.
- Turne vs, O God of our saluation, and release thine anger toward vs.
- Wilt thou be angry with vs for euer?
and wilt thou prolong thy wrath from one generation to another?
- Wilt thou not turne againe & quicken vs, that thy people may reioyce in thee?
- Shew vs thy mercie, O Lord, and graunt vs thy saluation.
- I will hearken what the Lord God will say: for he will speake peace vnto his people, and to his Saintes, that they turne not againe to follie.
- Surely his saluation is neere to them that feare him, that glory may dwell in our land.
- Mercie and trueth shall meete: righteousnes and peace shall kisse one another.
- Trueth shall bud out of the earth, and righteousnes shall looke downe from heauen.
- Yea, the Lord shall giue good things, and our land shall giue her increase.
- Righteousnesse shall go before him, and shall set her steps in the way.