- A song or Psalme of Heman the Ezrahite to giue instruction,
committed to the sonnes of Korah for him that excelleth vpon Malath Leannoth.
- O Lorde God of my saluation, I cry day and night before thee.
- Let my prayer enter into thy presence: incline thine eare vnto my cry.
- For my soule is filled with euils, and my life draweth neere to the graue.
- I am counted among them that go downe vnto the pit, and am as a man without strength:
- Free among the dead, like the slaine lying in the graue, whome thou remembrest no more, and they are cut off from thine hand.
- Thou hast layde me in the lowest pit, in darkenes, and in the deepe.
- Thine indignation lyeth vpon me, & thou hast vexed me with all thy waues.
- Thou hast put away mine acquaintance farre from me, and made mee to be abhorred of them: I am shut vp, and cannot get foorth.
- Mine eye is sorowfull through mine affliction: Lorde, I call dayly vpon thee: I stretch out mine hands vnto thee.
- Wilt thou shewe a miracle to the dead?
or shall the dead rise and prayse thee?
- Shall thy louing kindenes be declared in the graue?
or thy faithfulnes in destruction?
- Shall thy wonderous workes be knowen in the darke?
and thy righteousnes in the land of obliuion?
- But vnto thee haue I cryed, O Lorde, and early shall my prayer come before thee.
- Lorde, why doest thou reiect my soule, and hidest thy face from me?
- I am afflicted and at the point of death: from my youth I suffer thy terrours, doubting of my life.
- Thine indignations goe ouer me, and thy feare hath cut me off.
- They came round about me dayly like water, and compassed me together.
- My louers and friends hast thou put away from me, and mine acquaintance hid themselues.