- Pvt them in remembrance that they bee subiect to the Principalities and powers, and that they bee obedient, and ready to euery good woorke,
- That they speake euill of no man, that they be no fighters, but soft, shewing all meekenesse vnto all men.
- For wee our selues also were in times past vnwise, disobedient, deceiued, seruing the lustes and diuers pleasures, liuing in maliciousnes and enuie, hatefull, and hating one another:
- But when that bountifulnesse & that loue of God our Sauiour toward man appeared,
- Not by the woorkes of righteousnesse, which we had done, but according to his mercie he saued vs, by the washing of the newe birth, and the renewing of the holy Ghost,
- Which he shed on vs aboundantly, through Iesus Christ our Sauiour,
- That we, being iustified by his grace, should be made heires according to the hope of eternall life.
- This is a true saying, and these thinges I will thou shouldest affirme, that they which haue beleeued God, might be carefull to shewe foorth good woorkes.
These things are good and profitable vnto men.
- But stay foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and brawlings about the Lawe: for they are vnprofitable and vaine.
- Reiect him that is an heretike, after once or twise admonition,
- Knowing that hee that is such, is peruerted, and sinneth, being damned of his owne selfe.
- When I shall send Artemas vnto thee, or Tychicus, be diligent to come to mee vnto Nicopolis: for I haue determined there to winter.
- Bring Zenas the expounder of the Lawe, and Apollos on their iourney diligently, that they lacke nothing.
- And let ours also learne to shewe foorth good woorkes for necessary vses, that they be not vnfruitfull.
- All that are with mee, salute thee.
Greete them that loue vs in the faith.
Grace bee with you all, Amen.
To Titus, elect the first bishoppe of the Church of the Cretians, written from Nicopolis in Macedonia.