- And he shewed mee Iehoshua the hie Priest, standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan stoode at his right hand to resist him.
- And the Lord said vnto Satan, The Lord reprooue thee, O Satan: euen the Lord that hath chosen Ierusalem, reprooue thee.
Is not this a brand taken out of the fire?
- Nowe Iehoshua was clothed with filthie garments, and stoode before the Angel.
- And he answered and spake vnto those that stoode before him, saying, Take away the filthie garments from him;
vnto him hee saide, Behold, I haue caused thine iniquitie to depart from thee, & I wil clothe thee with change of raiment.
- And I saide, Let them set a faire diademe vpon his head.
So they set a faire diademe vpon his head, and clothed him with garments, and the Angel of the Lord stoode by.
- And the Angel of the Lorde testified vnto Iehoshua, saying,
- Thus saith the Lord of hostes, If thou wilt walke in my wayes, and keepe my watch, thou shalt also iudge mine House, and shalt also keepe my courtes, and I will giue thee place among these that stand by.
- Heare now, O Iehoshua the hie Priest, thou and thy felowes that sit before thee: for they are monstruous persons: but behold, I wil bring forth the Branche my seruant.
- For loe, the stone that I haue layd before Iehoshua: vpon one stone shalbe seuen eyes: beholde, I will cut out the grauing thereof, saith the Lord of hostes, and I will take away the iniquitie of this land in one day.
- In that day, saith the Lorde of hostes, shall ye call euery man his neighbour vnder the vine, and vnder the figge tree.