- And the Angel that talked with mee, came againe and waked mee, as a man that is raysed out of his sleepe,
- And saide vnto me, What seest thou?
And I said, I haue looked, and beholde, a candlesticke all of gold with a bowle vpon the toppe of it, and his seuen lampes therein, and seuen pipes to the lampes, which were vpon the toppe thereof.
- And two oliue trees ouer it, one vpon the right side of the bowle, and the other vpon the left side thereof.
- So I answered, and spake to the Angel that talked with me, saying, What are these, my Lord?
- Then the Angel that talked with mee, answered and said vnto me, Knowest thou not what these be?
And I said, No, my Lord.
- Then he answered and spake vnto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord vnto Zerubbabel, saying, Neither by an armie nor strength, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord of hostes.
- Who art thou, O great mountaine, before Zerubbabel?
thou shalt be a plaine, and he shall bring foorth the head stone thereof, with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace vnto it.
- Moreouer, the word of the Lord came vnto me, saying,
- The handes of Zerubbabel haue layde the foundation of this house: his handes shall also finish it, and thou shalt knowe that the Lorde of hostes hath sent me vnto you.
- For who hath despised the day of the small thinges?
but they shall reioyce, and shall see the stone of tinne in the hand of Zerubbabel: these seuen are the eyes of the Lord, which go thorow the whole world.
- Then answered I, and said vnto him, What are these two oliue trees vpon the right and vpon the left side thereof?
- And I spake moreouer, and said vnto him, What bee these two oliue branches, which thorowe the two golden pipes emptie themselues into the golde?
- And hee answered me, and saide, Knowest thou not what these bee?
And I sayde, No, my Lorde.
- Then said he, These are the two oliue branches, that stand with the ruler of the whole earth.