- ADAM, SETH, Enosh;
- Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared;
- Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech;
- Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- The sons of Japheth: Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
- And the sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, and Diphath, and Togarmah.
- And the sons of Javan: Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Rodanim.
- The sons of Ham: Cush, and Mizraim, Put, and Canaan.
- And the sons of Cush: Seba, and Havilah, and Sabta, and Raama, and Sabteca.
And the sons of Raama: Sheba, and Dedan.
- And Cush begot Nimrod;
he began to be a mighty one in the earth.
- And Mizraim begot Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim,
- and Pathrusim, and Casluhim - from whence came the Philistines - and Caphtorim.
- And Canaan begot Zidon his first-born, and Heth;
- and the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgashite;
- and the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite;
- and the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite.
- The Sons of Shem: Elam, and Asshur, and Arpachshad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.
- And Arpachshad begot Shelah, and Shelah begot Eber.
- And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg;
for in his days the earth was divided;
and his brother"s name was Joktan.
- And Joktan begot Almodad, and Sheleph, and Hazarmaveth, and Jerah;
- and Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah;
- and Ebal, and Abimael, and Sheba;
- and Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab.
All these were the sons of Joktan.
- Shem, Arpachshad, Shelah;
- Eber, Peleg, Reu;
- Serug, Nahor, Terah;
- Abram - the same is Abraham.
- The sons of Abraham: Isaac, and Ishmael.
- These are their generations: the first-born of Ishmael, Nebaioth;
then Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
- Mishma, and Dumah, Massa, Hadad, and Tema,
- Jetur, Naphish, and Kedem.
These are the sons of Ishmael.
- And the sons of Keturah, Abraham"s concubine: she bore Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah.
And the sons of Jokshan: Sheba, and Dedan.
- And the sons of Midian: Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abida, and Eldaah.
All these were the sons of Keturah.
- And Abraham begot Isaac.
The sons of Isaac: Esau, and Israel.
- The sons of Esau: Eliphaz, Reuel, and Jeush, and Jalam and Korah.
- The sons of Eliphaz: Teman, and Omar, Zephi, and Gatam, Kenaz, and Timna, and Amalek.
- The sons of Reuel: Nahath, Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah.
- And the sons of Seir: Lotan, and Shobal, and Zibeon, and Anah, and Dishon, and Ezer, and Dishan.
- And the sons of Lotan: Hori, and Homam;
and Timna was Lotan"s sister.
- The sons of Shobal: Alian, and Manahath, and Ebal, Shephi, and Onam.
And the sons of Zibeon: Aiah, and Anah.
- The sons of Anah: Dishon.
And the sons of Dishon: Hamran, and Eshban, and Ithran, and Cheran.
- The sons of Ezer: Bilhan, and Zaavan, Jaakan.
The sons of Dishan: Uz, and Aran.
- Now these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom, before their reigned any king over the children of Israel: Bela the son of Beor;
and the name of his city was Dinhabah.
- And Bela died, and Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned in his stead.
- And Jobab died, and Husham of the land of the Temanites reigned in his stead.
- And Husham died, and Hadad the son of Bedad, who smote Midian in the field of Moab, reigned in his stead;
and the name of his city was Avith.
- And Hadad died, and Samlah of Masrekah reigned in his stead.
- And Samlah died, and Shaul of Rehoboth by the River reigned in his stead.
- And Shaul died, and Baal-hanan the son of Achbor reigned in his stead.
- And Baal-hanan died, and Hadad reigned in his stead;
and the name of his city was Pai;
and his wife"s name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab.
- And Hadad died.
And the chiefs of Edom were: the chief of Timna, the chief of Alvah, the chief of Jetheth;
- the chief of Oholibamah, the chief of Elah, the chief of Pinon;
- the chief of Kenaz, the chief of Teman, the chief of Mibzar;
- the chief of Magdiel, the chief of Iram.
These are the chiefs of Edom.