- And they brought in the ark of God, and set it in the midst of the tent that David had pitched for it, and they offered burnt-offerings and peace-offerings before God.
- And when David had made an end of offering the burnt-offering and the peace-offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD.
- And he dealt to every one of Israel, both man and woman, to every one a loaf of bread, and a cake made in a pan, and a sweet cake.
- And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of the LORD, and to celebrate and to thank and praise the LORD, the God of Israel:
- Asaph the chief, and second to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah, and Obed-edom, and Jeiel, with psalteries and with harps;
and Asaph with cymbals, sounding aloud;
- and Benaiah and Jahaziel the priests with trumpets continually, before the ark of the covenant of God.
- Then on that day did David first ordain to give thanks unto the LORD, by the hand of Asaph and his brethren.
- O give thanks unto the LORD, call upon His name;
make known His doings among the peoples.
- Sing unto Him, sing praises unto Him;
speak ye of all His marvellous works.
- Glory ye in His holy name;
let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD.
- Seek ye the LORD and His strength;
seek His face continually.
- Remember His marvellous works that He hath done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth;
- O ye seed of Israel His servant, ye children of Jacob, His chosen ones.
- He is the LORD our God;
His judgments are in all the earth.
- Remember His covenant for ever, the word which He commanded to a thousand generations;
- The covenant which He made with Abraham, and His oath unto Isaac;
- And He established it unto Jacob for a statute, to Israel for an everlasting covenant;
- Saying: "Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, the lot of your inheritance."
- When ye were but a few men in number, yea, very few, and sojourners in it,
- And when they went about from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people,
- He suffered no man to do them wrong, yea, for their sake He reproved kings:
- "Touch not Mine anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm."
- Sing unto the LORD, all the earth;
proclaim His salvation from day to day.
- Declare His glory among the nations, His marvellous works among all the peoples.
- For great is the LORD, and highly to be praised;
He also is to be feared above all gods.
- For all the gods of the peoples are things of nought;
but the LORD made the heavens.
- Honour and majesty are before Him;
strength and gladness are in His place.
- Ascribe unto the LORD, ye kindreds of the peoples, ascribe unto the LORD glory and strength.
- Ascribe unto the LORD the glory due unto His name;
bring an offering, and come before Him;
worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.
- Tremble before Him, all the earth;
the world also is established that it cannot be moved.
- Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
and let them say among the nations: "The LORD reigneth."
- Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof;
let the field exult, and all that is therein;
- Then shall the trees of the wood sing for joy, before the LORD, for He is come to judge the earth.
- O give thanks unto the LORD;
for He is good;
for His mercy endureth for ever.
- And say ye: "Save us, O God of our salvation, and gather us together and deliver us from the nations, that we may give thanks unto Thy holy name, that we may triumph in Thy praise."
- Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting even to everlasting.
And all the people said: "Amen," and praised the LORD.
- So he left there, before the ark of the covenant of the LORD, Asaph and his brethren, to minister before the ark continually, as every day"s work required;
- and Obed-edom with their brethren, threescore and eight;
Obed-edom also the son of Jedithun and Hosah to be door-keepers;
- and Zadok the priest, and his brethren the priests, before the tabernacle of the LORD in the high place that was at Gibeon,
- to offer burnt-offerings unto the LORD upon the altar of burnt-offering continually morning and evening, even according to all that is written in the Law of the LORD, which He commanded unto Israel;
- and with them Heman and Jeduthun, and the rest that were chosen, who were mentioned by name, to give thanks to the LORD, because His mercy endureth for ever;
- and with them Heman and Jeduthun, to sound aloud with trumpets and cymbals, and with instruments for the songs of God;
and the sons of Jeduthun to be at the gate.
- And all the people departed every man to his house;
and David returned to bless his house.