- These are the sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, and Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun;
- Dan, Joseph, and Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
- The sons of Judah: Er, and Onan, and Shelah;
which three were born unto him of Bath-shua the Canaanitess.
And Er, Judah"s first-born, was wicked in the sight of the LORD;
and He slew him.
- And Tamar his daughter-in-law bore him Perez and Zerah.
All the sons of Judah were five.
- The sons of Perez: Hezron, and Hamul.
- And the sons of Zerah: Zimri, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara: five of them in all.
- And the sons of Carmi: Achar, the troubler of Israel, who committed a trespass concerning the devoted thing.
- And the sons of Ethan: Azariah.
- The sons also of Hezron, that were born unto him: Jerahmeel, and Ram, and Chelubai.
- And Ram begot Amminadab;
and Amminadab begot Nahshon, prince of the children of Judah;
- and Nahshon begot Salma, and Salma begot Boaz;
- and Boaz begot Obed, and Obed begot Jesse;
- and Jesse begot his first-born Eliab, and Abinadab the second, and Shimea the third;
- Nethanel the fourth, Raddai the fifth;
- Ozem the sixth, David the seventh.
- And their sisters were Zeruiah and Abigail.
And the sons of Zeruiah: Abishai, and Joab, and Asahel, three.
- And Abigail bore Amasa;
and the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmaelite.
- And Caleb the son of Hezron begot children of Azubah his wife - and of Jerioth - and these were her sons: Jesher, and Shobab, and Ardon.
- And Azubah died, and Caleb took unto him Ephrath, who bore him Hur.
- And Hur begot Uri, and Uri begot Bezalel.
- And afterward Hezron went in to the daughter of Machir the father of Gilead;
whom he took to wife when he was threescore years old;
and she bore him Segub.
- And Segub begot Jair, who had three and twenty cities in the land of Gilead.
- And Geshur and Aram took Havvoth-jair from them, with Kenath, and the villages thereof, even threescore cities.
All these were the sons of Machir the father of Gilead.
- And after that Hezron was dead in Caleb-ephrath, then Abiah Hezron"s wife bore him Ashhur the father of Tekoa.
- And the sons of Jerahmeel the first-born of Hezron were Ram the first-born, and Bunah, and Oren, and Ozem, Ahijah.
- And Jerahmeel had another wife, whose name was Atarah;
she was the mother of Onam.
- And the sons of Ram the first-born of Jerahmeel were Maaz, and Jamin, and Eker.
- And the sons of Onam were Shammai, and Jada;
and the sons of Shammai: Nadab, and Abishur.
- And the name of the wife of Abishur was Abihail;
and she bore him Ahban, and Molid.
- And the sons of Nadab: Seled, and Appaim;
but Seled died without children.
- And the sons of Appaim: Ishi.
And the sons of Ishi: Sheshan.
And the sons of Sheshan: Ahlai.
- And the sons of Jada the brother of Shammai: Jether, and Jonathan: and Jether died without children.
- And the sons of Jonathan: Peleth, and Zaza.
These were the sons of Jerahmeel.
- Now Sheshan had no sons, but daughters.
And Sheshan had a servant, an Egyptian, whose name was Jarha.
- So Sheshan gave his daughter to Jarha his servant to wife;
and she bore him Attai.
- And Attai begot Nathan, and Nathan begot Zabad;
- and Zabad begot Ephlal, and Ephlal begot Obed;
- and Obed begot Jehu, and Jehu begot Azariah;
- and Azariah begot Helez, and Helez begot Eleasah;
- and Eleasah begot Sisamai, and Sisamai begot Shallum;
- and Shallum begot Jekamiah, and Jekamiah begot Elishama.
- And the sons of Caleb the brother of Jerahmeel were Mesha his first-born, who was the father of Ziph, and the sons of Mareshah the father of Hebron.
- And the sons of Hebron: Korah, and Tappuah, and Rekem, and Shema.
- And Shema begot Raham, the father of Jorkeam;
and Rekem begot Shammai.
- And the son of Shammai was Maon;
and Maon was the father of Beth-zur.
- And Ephah, Caleb"s concubine, bore Haran, and Moza, and Gazez;
and Haran begot Gazez.
- And the sons of Jahdai: Regem, and Jotham, and Geshan, and Pelet, and Ephah, and Shaaph.
- Maacah, Caleb"s concubine, bore Sheber and Tirhanah.
- And the wife of Shaaph the father of Madmannah bore Sheva the father of Machbenah and the father of Gibea.
And the daughter of Caleb was Achsah.
- These were the sons of Caleb.
The sons of Hur the first-born of Ephrath: Shobal the father of Kiriath-jearim;
- Salma the father of Beth-lehem, Hareph the father of Beth-gader.
- And Shobal the father of Kiriath-jearim had sons: Haroeh, and half of the Menuhoth.
- And the families of Kiriath-jearim: the Ithrites, and the Puthites, and the Shumathites, and the Mishraites;
of them came the Zorathites, and the Eshtaolites.
- The sons of Salma: Beth-lehem, and the Netophathites, Atroth-beth-joab, and half of the Manahathites, the Zorites.
- And the families of scribes that dwelt at Jabez: the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, the Sucathites.
These are the Kenites that came of Hammath, the father of the house of Rechab.