- Thus saith the LORD: For three transgressions of Moab, yea, for four, I will not reverse it: because he burned the bones of the king of Edom into lime.
- So will I send a fire upon Moab, and it shall devour the palaces of Kerioth;
and Moab shall die with tumult, with shouting, and with the sound of the horn;
- And I will cut off the judge from the midst thereof, and will slay all the princes thereof with him, saith the LORD.
- Thus saith the LORD: For three transgressions of Judah, yea, for four, I will not reverse it: because they have rejected the law of the LORD, and have not kept His statutes, and their lies have caused them to err, after which their fathers did walk.
- So will I send a fire upon Judah, and it shall devour the palaces of Jerusalem.
- Thus saith the LORD: For three transgressions of Israel, yea, for four, I will not reverse it: because they sell the righteous for silver, and the needy for a pair of shoes;
- That pant after the dust of the earth on the head of the poor, and turn aside the way of the humble;
and a man and his father go unto the same maid, to profane My holy name;
- And they lay themselves down beside every altar upon clothes taken in pledge, and in the house of their God they drink the wine of them that have been fined.
- Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the cedars, and he was strong as the oaks;
yet I destroyed his fruit from above, and his roots from beneath.
- Also I brought you up out of the land of Egypt, and led you forty years in the wilderness, to possess the land of the Amorites.
- And I raised up of your sons for prophets, and of your young men for Nazirites.
Is it not even thus, O ye children of Israel?
saith the LORD.
- But ye gave the Nazirites wine to drink;
and commanded the prophets, saying: "Prophesy not."
- Behold, I will make it creak under you, as a cart creaketh that is full of sheaves.
- And flight shall fail the swift, and the strong shall not exert his strength, neither shall the mighty deliver himself;
- Neither shall he stand that handleth the bow;
and he that is swift of foot shall not deliver himself;
neither shall he that rideth the horse deliver himself;
- And he that is courageous among the mighty shall flee away naked in that day, saith the LORD.