- And this is the blessing wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.
- And he said: The LORD came from Sinai, and rose from Seir unto them;
He shined forth from mount Paran, and He came from the myriads holy, at His right hand was a fiery law unto them.
- Yea, He loveth the peoples, all His holy ones - they are in Thy hand;
and they sit down at Thy feet, receiving of Thy words.
- Moses commanded us a law, an inheritance of the congregation of Jacob.
- And there was a king in Jeshurun, when the heads of the people were gathered, all the tribes of Israel together.
- Let Reuben live, and not die in that his men become few.
- And this for Judah, and he said: Hear, LORD, the voice of Judah, and bring him in unto his people;
his hands shall contend for him, and Thou shalt be a help against his adversaries.
- And of Levi he said: Thy Thummim and Thy Urim be with Thy holy one, whom Thou didst prove at Massah, with whom Thou didst strive at the waters of Meribah;
- Who said of his father, and of his mother: "I have not seen him";
neither did he acknowledge his brethren, nor knew he his own children;
for they have observed Thy word, and keep Thy covenant.
- They shall teach Jacob Thine ordinances, and Israel Thy law;
they shall put incense before Thee, and whole burnt-offering upon Thine altar.
- Bless, LORD, his substance, and accept the work of his hands;
smite through the loins of them that rise up against him, and of them that hate him, that they rise not again.
- Of Benjamin he said: The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by Him;
He covereth him all the day, and He dwelleth between his shoulders.
- And of Joseph he said: Blessed of the LORD be his land;
for the precious things of heaven, for the dew, and for the deep that coucheth beneath,
- And for the precious things of the fruits of the sun, and for the precious things of the yield of the moons,
- And for the tops of the ancient mountains, and for the precious things of the everlasting hills,
- And for the precious things of the earth and the fulness thereof, and the good will of Him that dwelt in the bush;
let the blessing come upon the head of Joseph, and upon the crown of the head of him that is prince among his brethren.
- His firstling bullock, majesty is his;
and his horns are the horns of the wild-ox;
with them he shall gore the peoples all of them, even the ends of the earth;
and they are the ten thousands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.
- And of Zebulun he said: Rejoice, Zebulun, in thy going out, and, Issachar, in thy tents.
- They shall call peoples unto the mountain;
there shall they offer sacrifices of righteousness;
for they shall suck the abundance of the seas, and the hidden treasures of the sand.
- And of Gad he said: Blessed be He that enlargeth Gad;
he dwelleth as a lioness, and teareth the arm, yea, the crown of the head.
- And he chose a first part for himself, for there a portion of a ruler was reserved;
and there came the heads of the people, he executed the righteousness of the LORD, and His ordinances with Israel.
- And of Dan he said: Dan is a lion"s whelp, that leapeth forth from Bashan.
- And of Naphtali he said: O Naphtali, satisfied with favour, and full with the blessing of the LORD: possess thou the sea and the south.
- And of Asher he said: Blessed be Asher above sons;
let him be the favoured of his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil.
- Iron and brass shall be thy bars;
and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.
- There is none like unto God, O Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven as thy help, and in His excellency on the skies.
- The eternal God is a dwelling-place, and underneath are the everlasting arms;
and He thrust out the enemy from before thee, and said: "Destroy."
- And Israel dwelleth in safety, the fountain of Jacob alone, in a land of corn and wine;
yea, his heavens drop down dew.
- Happy art thou, O Israel, who is like unto thee?
a people saved by the LORD, the shield of thy help, and that is the sword of thy excellency!
And thine enemies shall dwindle away before thee;
and thou shalt tread upon their high places.