- Cast thy bread upon the waters, for thou shalt find it after many days.
- Divide a portion into seven, yea, even into eight;
for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.
- If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth;
and if a tree fall in the south, or in the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there shall it be.
- He that observeth the wind shall not sow;
and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.
- As thou knowest not what is the way of the wind, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child;
even so thou knowest not the work of God who doeth all things.
- In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thy hand;
for thou knowest not which shall prosper, whether this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.
- And the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun.
- For if a man live many years, let him rejoice in them all, and remember the days of darkness, for they shall be many.
all that cometh is vanity.
- Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth;
and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thy heart, and in the sight of thine eyes;
but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.
- Therefore remove vexation from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh;
for childhood and youth are vanity.