- (21:37) If a man steal an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it, he shall pay five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep.
- (22:1) If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten so that he dieth, there shall be no bloodguiltiness for him.
- (22:2) If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be bloodguiltiness for him - he shall make restitution;
if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft.
- (22:3) If the theft be found in his hand alive, whether it be ox, or ass, or sheep, he shall pay double.
- (22:4) If a man cause a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall let his beast loose, and it feed in another man"s field;
of the best of his own field, and of the best of his own vineyard, shall he make restitution.
- (22:5) If fire break out, and catch in thorns, so that the shocks of corn, or the standing corn, or the field are consumed;
he that kindled the fire shall surely make restitution.
- (22:6) If a man deliver unto his neighbour money or stuff to keep, and it be stolen out of the man"s house;
if the thief be found, he shall pay double.
- (22:7) If the thief be not found, then the master of the house shall come near unto God, to see whether he have not put his hand unto his neighbour"s goods.
- (22:8) For every matter of trespass, whether it be for ox, for ass, for sheep, for raiment, or for any manner of lost thing, whereof one saith: "This is it," the cause of both parties shall come before God;
he whom God shall condemn shall pay double unto his neighbour.
- (22:9) If a man deliver unto his neighbour an ass, or an ox, or a sheep, or any beast, to keep, and it die, or be hurt, or driven away, no man seeing it;
- (22:10) the oath of the LORD shall be between them both, to see whether he have not put his hand unto his neighbour"s goods;
and the owner thereof shall accept it, and he shall not make restitution.
- (22:11) But if it be stolen from him, he shall make restitution unto the owner thereof.
- (22:12) If it be torn in pieces, let him bring it for witness;
he shall not make good that which was torn.
- (22:13) And if a man borrow aught of his neighbour, and it be hurt, or die, the owner thereof not being with it, he shall surely make restitution.
- (22:14) If the owner thereof be with it, he shall not make it good;
if it be a hireling, he loseth his hire.
- (22:15) And if a man entice a virgin that is not betrothed, and lie with her, he shall surely pay a dowry for her to be his wife.
- (22:16) If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.
- (22:17) Thou shalt not suffer a sorceress to live.
- (22:18) Whosoever lieth with a beast shall surely be put to death.
- (22:19) He that sacrificeth unto the gods, save unto the LORD only, shall be utterly destroyed.
- (22:20) And a stranger shalt thou not wrong, neither shalt thou oppress him;
for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
- (22:21) Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child.
- (22:22) If thou afflict them in any wise - for if they cry at all unto Me, I will surely hear their cry -
- (22:23) My wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword;
and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.
- (22:24) If thou lend money to any of My people, even to the poor with thee, thou shalt not be to him as a creditor;
neither shall ye lay upon him interest.
- (22:25) If thou at all take thy neighbour"s garment to pledge, thou shalt restore it unto him by that the sun goeth down;
- (22:26) for that is his only covering, it is his garment for his skin;
wherein shall he sleep?
and it shall come to pass, when he crieth unto Me, that I will hear;
for I am gracious.
- (22:27) Thou shalt not revile God, nor curse a ruler of thy people.
- (22:28) Thou shalt not delay to offer of the fulness of thy harvest, and of the outflow of thy presses.
The first-born of thy sons shalt thou give unto Me.
- (22:29) Likewise shalt thou do with thine oxen, and with thy sheep;
seven days it shall be with its dam;
on the eighth day thou shalt give it Me.
- (22:30) And ye shall be holy men unto Me;
therefore ye shall not eat any flesh that is torn of beasts in the field;
ye shall cast it to the dogs.